Could I have a dislocated rib?

A couple months ago I was learning a new pole dancing trick. Shortly thereafter I did pilates and while laying on my back on the pilates machine I noticed that my rib area under where my breasts are is higher on one side than the other. I'd never noticed that before and don't know if it's normal. Then more recently I have noticed some sort of pain near my left breast (the side that is higher) and my back feels a little funny. Nothing is extremely painful though, just sort of uncomfortable. And I still have this higher on the left than the right appearance on my lower chest. It seems like the tenderness has come after I did a bunch of weight lifting involving chest and back muscles.

Could I have dislocated a rib? I'm worried it could be something worse. I don't feel any breast lumps, but I'm no doctor.

Posted By Zophie on September 27, 2007 at 15:48:15:

Supports and limits the motion of the IP, MP and CMC joints as well as the wrist. Supports the injured or painful wrist and thumb.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)