Re: ...Back pain due to disc desiccation/degeneration...

Hi, i have a L5 S1 disk desication with mild diffuse disk bulge. I have pain everyday, and the percocet are starting not to help anymore. I have extreme pain when sitting for periods longer than 15 minutes, as if i were sitting on a sharp knife, and FORGET sitting on hard surfaces. Its like i can feel the dry disk material crunching, AHHHH!!!. I have no insurance, so im battling it out with meds, mobic 15mg helps a little but still i have a great deal of pain. I have tried arnica, and any "natural " remedy. There is none, and if you think chiropractic heals, think again, i was in bed for a week after chiropractic "manipualtion" Injections were a godsend, but too much of that an d you will get osteoporosis. And remember injections only cover up the underlying problem. I am 23, and have had this pain, since 3 years back, after falling while snowboarding in canada, and it has gotten worse and worse. Needless to say i was active in many sports all my life, barley had time to breath... thanks mom and dad :) I figure skated,was on the swim team all of high school, karate,dance, tap, ballet, and jazz, and gymnastics. I have had MANY MANY falls all througout my life, never thought much of it, and this is what i think the outcome is, PAIN, and disk desiccation. Save up and get surgery, i will. I cannot take it anymore, its ruining my life. its the only way.

Posted By Paula on September 19, 2007 at 22:37:40:

In Reply to: Re: ...Back pain due to disc desiccation/degeneration... posted by Ray G, age 65, male on May 07, 2007 at 18:02:03:

Silicone inserts leave radius and ulna pressure-free and provide intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)