Re: Return of Pinched Nerve Question

The way you tell the difference between a muscle and nerve problem is by testing them. You test each muscle individually and see if there is any weakness compared to the other side. You can test certain nerves by checking reflexes and sensation over specific areas. But realize a couple of things; the nerves run through the muscles. So a problem muscle can effect the nerve that passes through it. Or, it doesn't have to be a nerve at all...when a muscle is hypertonic, spastic, fibrotic etc. these all cause a lot of problems and pain. Yes, even a burning sensation. I treated a lady just today who said she felt like there was a knife in the back of her shoulder. The pain had been there for a few weeks and nobody could tell her what it was or how to help her (other than meds of course which did nothing). Through palpation and testing I determined that the problem was fibrotic (scar) tissue in her infraspinatus muscle. Yes it can be very painful. I treated this with a technique called "active release" (you can google it) and in one treatment she was probably 95% better. I will have her come in again on Thursday repeat the treatment and she will probably be done. (Of course not everybody gets better in 2 visits)

Posted By DrDave on September 11, 2007 at 23:34:15:

In Reply to: Re: Return of Pinched Nerve Question posted by stephanie on September 11, 2007 at 16:31:47:

The BioSkin Hinged Knee Skin is the lightest hinge available. The bicentric aluminum alloy hinge is offset to eliminate pressure at the joint line.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)