when I saw your posting on the internet--specifically your mention of high cholesteral and mitral valve prolapse--I thought "Oh dear, there's another undiagnosed thyroid patient." Chances are HUGE that you have auto-imune thyroid disease (Haisimoti's thyroiditis). It often onsets at age 15. Go to en endocrinologist and have him/her tst your TSH, T3 and T4 hormone levels. If any of these are near the border of "normal" relative to the lab reference range for each of these, insist on receiving treatment. If you get no satisfaction, visit the Kelley Ripken Thyroid Clinc at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. It's free. Kelly Ripken, wife of Baltimore Orioles MVO Cal Ripken Jr, saw four doctors (one of whom extracted four of her teeth) before some doctor realized she had thyroid disease. The Ripkens had the money to see the best doctors. Mrs. Ripken then founded a free clinic for thyroid diagosis and treatment at Johns Hopkins. If you get no satisfaction near home, go to Baltimore.

Love and best wishes,

karen Morris

Posted By Karen Morris on August 20, 2007 at 10:00:15:

In Reply to: TO YOUNG TO FEEL THIS OLD posted by jean wilson on July 19, 2007 at 20:17:12:

The Calf Skin provides the calf with constant compression for both calf and shin area. Excellent in helping reduce shin splints, Bio Skin's light weight and low profile make it very easy to wear.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)