Sarco illac Torsion & 6 lumbar vertebrae

Hi, im 18 yrs old. I have had lower back pain for years, especially painfull when walking more than 20-30mins. I went to see my GP who didn't have a clue what was wrong with me and sent me home. So my mother suggested i try seeing an Osteopath- who diagnosed me with Sarco-illac torsion (pelvic bone slipping out of place). This has happened many times over the past few months and i've been back to the osteopath regulary & received manipulation treatment to correct the bone. Recently it's been more muscular aches rather than the pelvis moving. Not long ago my osteopath suggested i have an MRI Scan as my pelvis was slipping nearly every week! The Scan showed that i have 6 lumbar vertebrae.
I have had to reduce my hrs at work to part time as i cannot cope with sitting at a desk for more than 3 hrs MAXIMUM, before i am in total agony. The pain comes and goes but is always slightly there.
I have tried asking the doc/GP to refer me to a spesensoredt -but the doc doesn't seem to understand at all and maked out that he didn't believe me !
Please help. Is there anyone i could see e.g. A Chiropractor? Or should i demand for doc to refer me?

Posted By Charlotte on July 22, 2007 at 13:52:51:

Can be used for acute ankle sprains, chronic ankle instabilities as well as prophylactic use. This low profile ankle brace, made of a rigid unified plastic outer shell, fits easily into all shoe types.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)