pain in hip and ribs

I have had this problem for almost year now with a new symptom starting the first day of the new year. My hip/leg has been bothering me a lot. to the point I can not walk some days. I have MRI's of the hip and lower back. I do have a slight bulging disk and degeneration. The back specialists do not think it is causing my pain. ITs a sharp stabbing that starts in my butt and goes down the side of my leg. I also know the cartilage in my left hip joint is warn. Anyway the problem (at this point) seems to be with the muscles in my upper leg/butt getting REALLY tight so when i walk i want to collapse from the pain. I went to a sports injury specialist and he has been the only one to help my loosening the muscles ( have been to back specialists, regular drs. deep tissue message therapists). This greatly helps the leg/hip pain. The odd thing is one my hip starts feeling better i get really bad pains in my right lower rib(s)( yes opposite side). I have noticed this for a few months. when my rib(s) hurt my leg hardly bothers me and vise versa. The dr i am seeing now does seem to think its related but i am thinking it has to be. What is it? I am tired and broke from going to Dr's all the time! Thanks

Posted By Amber on May 02, 2012 at 07:01:30:

The Achillotrain has a viscoelastic heel-wedge to raise the heel for relief of Achilles tendon. A silicone insert on the back of the Achillotrain leaves tendon pressure-free and provides intermittent compression for the reduction of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)