Re: Back pain only after lying down 4-5 hours

In the past 3 months I've only had about 2-3 nights with back pain, otherwise I've been fine. Here's what I did. First I went to an orthopedic, he prescribed physical therapy. Did that for a month but no improvement in back when I lied down. Then I had an MRI, and it showed nothing. Did more physical therapy, and no change. Then I basically just slowed down my physical therapy exercises, only doing them about once or twice a week. About 4 months ago I decided to dedicate myself to doing religiously, I've been sleeping great since. I do exercises for about 20 minutes before bed every night. The key is: Do the exercises EVERY night. Also, it may take a month or two before you see the improvements, so stick with it. The exercises I do are: lie on back and bring my knees to my chest, Cobra Pose, Cat Pose, Child's Pose (with hands in front of me), and a stretch where I lie on my back, feet on floor knees bent, then drops knees to right side of body and arms to left side and vice versa.

Posted By Tom on November 18, 2010 at 15:18:34:

In Reply to: Re: Back pain only after lying down 4-5 hours posted by Tom on July 08, 2009 at 15:13:27:

Silicone inserts leave the epicondyle pressure-free and provide an intermittent compression to the soft tissue of the joint, leading to increased circulation, thus aiding in the resorption of swelling and edema.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)