Horrible chiropractic injury after back surgery

In Jan. of 2007 I had a fusion of my L5 and S1. My lower back healed from the surgery, however I was left with my left leg shorter than my right. Of course, my legs were still the same size, but the way my body was altered, my left leg was made shorter. I went to see a Chiropractor almost a year ago to see what he could do to help me.

He did an adjustment on me, and miraculously my legs were even, and my body felt, for the first time in almost 3 years, aligned!! Of course he had me come back the next day for another adjustment. This went on for about 3 more adjustments.

What happened essentially was that my right leg became a tad bit shorter after the latter adjustments, and my right hip become rotated inwards. This has caused the whole right side of my upper body to twist outward, and is VERY miserable, and painful to sit. I feel the pull from my face/neck down to my hip area.

I tried ROLFing, physical therpay, stretching, exercise... nothing will get my body at least back to where it was pre chiropractor. I even tried a 2nd chiropractor and his adjustments did nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Any ideas on what to do? I am very much in pain.

Posted By Gangrel on October 04, 2010 at 20:50:38:

Knitted ankle support incorporating an anatomically contoured silicone insert lying posterior to the medial and lateral malleolus and over the front of the foot. Used to reduce swelling and soreness.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)