Re: new mattress

I sell mattresses, I get this question all the time. I have customers that see a chiropractor regularly and are always getting back corrections, but think a $700 mattress set will solve the problem.

The industry brags on memory foam, but in my opinion a mattress that can take an impression of a hand, as shown on tv, can't be supportive so I won't sell them, I would think, foam toppers are for comfort & the springs are for support.

The other issue, is the topping, it is made to take a body impression, and not to be so hard & riggid that people lay on the surface, it's to help people relax & take the stress/pressure points off of a persons back while not letting them sink too far.

As for a brand, Each brand has several models that are designed for proper spine alignment. Some manufacturers take advantage of "endorsements" and over charge customers for the same product but under a different name.

Bedding is the hardest thing for me to sell because everone seems to have a different problem that they expect the mattress to solve.

Even if you have a favorite brand there are about 20 models so people hardly ever feel they got the right set.

Just my opinion

Posted By Di on September 24, 2010 at 21:44:25:

In Reply to: new mattress posted by verna on June 07, 2010 at 15:51:17:

Constructed of comfortable laminated felt, which allows for trimming and contour for a custom fit.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)