Dented muscle

My son was playing in a highschool football game about three weeks ago and got tackled. His shoulder pad was shoved up under his armpit. He had an indentation in the muscle (I guess the tri-cep)at the top underneath part of his arm closest to his armpit. It hurt him at first and now he say it does not bother him. My concern is, the indentation is worse is very noticeable. Will this go away or should I take him to an orthopedic doctor? Thanks.....Liz

Posted By Liz Vanderhider on November 04, 2009 at 01:17:44:

Unique design guides and centers the glenohumeral joint promoting mobility but inhibiting rotation. Aids in preventing the subluxing shoulder.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)