Re: Dislocated Rib

The best thing to do is to have an evaluation by a primary care provider, like a medical doctor or a chiropractor to make sure there nothing more serious going on, like a fracture or a complete dislocation. The chiropractor may try to adjust it and put it back in place. But most often, the best treatment is time. The rib will naturally find its way back into its spot after the muscles associated with it have stopped being in spasm. Massage will probably not help, either. If you are having problems with activities if daily living, like putting on your cloths, eating, brushing your teeth, etc, then it probably is a good idea to see a primary care provider, otherwise, let nature do its thing and it should go back in place in a few days.
for more info visit me at

Posted By curvesolut7 on March 25, 2009 at 18:50:12:

Knitted ankle support incorporating an anatomically contoured silicone insert lying posterior to the medial and lateral malleolus and over the front of the foot. Used to reduce swelling and soreness.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)