Dislocated Rib

I have had a sharp pain in my back, near my right kidney...which I thought was just a knot or a muscle spasm, but now, 2 weeks after it started, it's gotten much much worse. I asked a friend who is a massage therapist, and he said that I dislocated a rib. I didn't even know that was possible! Well, I'm in a lot of pain and I don't know what to do about it. Should I have my friend try to fix it? Or should I go see a general physician? Or will it heal on it's own? Any help on this would be great, as I am a bartender, and really need to be able to move!!!!

Posted By Kristen C on March 22, 2009 at 15:20:03:

The BioSkin Hinged Knee Skin is the lightest hinge available. The bicentric aluminum alloy hinge is offset to eliminate pressure at the joint line.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)