Upper back tight, trigger point: Computer work

I'm suffering from a tight upper back that I assume is tied to my computer work or some injury. It becomes aggravated when i work on the computer or sit down with my arms in a certain position (forward?). I'm going to have my right shoulder scoped for an impingement that hasn't gotten better for abut 1.5 years.

I hate the stiff upper back because I can't sitdown on my sofa without feeling the tightness and at times my lats (or at least a strand of muscle in that location) twinge and spasm. It's not painful but very annoying/aggravating.

I tend to try to stretch my lats and strengthen my middle back but I can't seem to get the muscles to relax. Plus if i tilt my head back I feel alot of tightness strain in my neck..

Just wondering what I should try. I've gone to a massage specialist but it only relieves it temporarily. Went to another chiropractor but I felt like she was doing the same thing all the time without any results...

Posted By Roy on March 07, 2009 at 12:00:09:

Helps strengthen the kneecap mechanism by applying pressure on the tendon above the kneecap as well. This tends to reduce the forces of the quadriceps on the patella tendon and erosion of the under surface of the kneecap due to a possible misalignment of the quadriceps (Q-angle).

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]
Follow Ups
Post Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Ask The Chiropractor ] [ Disclaimer ]


    We offer you an opportunity to ask specific questions to knowledgeable professionals. Any information posted on orthopedicquestions.com is intended for general informational purposes only and is not medical advice, and should not be construed as medical opinion, diagnosis or treatment. See your health-care professional for medical advice and treatment.
Foot Forum (Foot-Podiatry specialists)
Ask the PT-Athletic Trainer (Sports Physical Therapy specialist)
Ask the Chiropractor (Back and Spine Specialist)